Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What do you think about wearing Hunter Orange while you are Deer Hunting?

In California, and most of the West, you don't have to wear Hunter Orange. It is optional.



I normally hunt in the most dangerous National Forest in America, the Angeles Forest right behind Los Angeles. It is one of the few National Forests that's more dangerous than a ghetto. Weirdos come up here to rape/murder/rob.



http://outsideonline.com/outside/magazin鈥?/a>



Secondly, although you CAN hunt up here, few people DO. It's a true wilderness.



http://www.rwongphoto.com/RW1331_web.jpg



10,000 foot peaks, Bear, Mountain Lion, Bighorn Sheep, Deer. But hunters are so rare, that if I walk by the side of the road with a rifle, all the commuters on Angeles Crest Highway pull out their cell phones and report a terrorist. Most people in the Forest are commuting between Palmdale/Lancaster and Los Angeles.



For this reason, I don't want to be noticed. I don't want the killers/murderers who dump bodies in the forest to notice me. And I don't want the non hunters to notice me. So I don't wear Hunter Orange.What do you think about wearing Hunter Orange while you are Deer Hunting?
I may have the wrong outlook on this, but when hunting you have a gun in your hand. That makes you more or less the equal of anyone else that walks this earth.



How did the quote from Samuel Colt go? "God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal" I wouldn't worry about anyone seeing me. Go hunting, wear what you wish and don't worry about a thing.



I learned something a long time ago. Never mess with someone that is scared of you. He'll kill you.And you're scared.
I think it's a good idea. It allows other hunters to see you. Especially during rifle season. With rifle rounds being high energy, they CAN overpenetrate and hit whatever or whomever is on the other side. A hunter should know what is behind the target. If you see orange, that means other hunters and so it reduces the likelihood of an accident.



It's mandatory in Wisconsin to wear 50% Blaze Orange (no camo orange either). There were no reported accidents this year either.What do you think about wearing Hunter Orange while you are Deer Hunting?
in indiana it is not opitional, with good reason, it makes it safer for the hunter during the hunting season, but it is more common for multiple hunters to be on the same acre of land, if you dont feel like wearing it, i would at least recoment getting a large piece of cloth that was orange so you could mark where you where at if you absolutely needed to
Im not a hunter, but there have been times I have went hiking during camping season; and I wear hunter orange when I know something is in season
It's safer to wear it than not, especially if you're hunting an area that is known to have others hunting in proximity or with a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment