Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drivable places out of Washington DC.?

Me and my spouse are out for a trip to DC. I have 3 days. I want to spend only one day in the city, since the buildings etc dont interest me too much. I want to visit natural places that I can drive and comeback to DC in a day. For example : Luray Caverns.. Please suggest me a few other places. Thank you in advance.Drivable places out of Washington DC.?
Head toward the Chesapeake Bay on Rt. 50 East toward Annapolis. As you near Annapolis, take Rt. #2 south toward Chesapeake Beach and stop for lunch at the Rod %26amp; Reel. Then hit the road and go back to Rt. 50, cross the Bay Bridge and stop on Kent Island. Exit 42 leads to Harris' Crab House, a true treasure. Next door is the Red Eye Dock Bar. Keep going on Rt. 50 to St. Michael's and stop to explore the delightful shops, the farmers' market and the Chesapeake Maritime Museum. You can watch the restoration of a skipjack or take a sail on one for the afternoon.



Another day head north on I-270 to the Middletown Valley and the city of Frederick. Explore, shop, walk along Carroll Creek and dine in some of the most wonderful restaurants in the region. Rt. 15 will take you further along the mountain trails and you can connect with 340 to Harper's Ferry. The convergence of the Potomac and the Shenandoah, as well as West Virginia, Virginia and Maryland are spectacular scenery and the whitewater rafting is great fun.



There's a lot to do around town, too, so don't just sell that short. There is much more to D.C. than "buildings". Arrange for a professional tour to truly enjoy your visit.
Try the Catoctin Mountains which run through northern central Maryland and into Pennsylvania. It's about a 2 hour drive on I-270 or 3-4 if you want to take the scenic routes through western Montgomery County which is a very pretty way to go. You can drive along the Potomac River; plenty of places along the C%26amp;O Canal to stop and enjoy the nature or have a hike. Lots of B%26amp;B's up that way if you prefer to stay over, and there are two state parks (one of which has a waterfall) and lots of civil war history along the way.Drivable places out of Washington DC.?
I like Cheryl's idea about the Chesapeake Bay. I lived in Northern Virginia for about 8 years and never really spent much time on the Bay. When I moved to Maryland, I found myself visiting it more often...and what a gem it is for the Washington DC area. I would suggest you simply get a road map and look online for some places to stop along the way. There are some neat litte towns along the Bay and also many parks as well. I'd say a visit to Calvert Cliffs Park would make for a nice outting.
  • harry potter games online
  • pizza
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment