Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How To Clean A Diet Coke Explosion In My Freezer?

Here's my dilemma: My friend is arriving from England for her first trip to the US on Monday, July 26, 2010 and today is Tuesday, July 20, 2010! I completely forgot I placed my 2-liter Diet Coke in the freezer so it would get cold faster. I'm sure it works great as long as you remember; Unfortunately, I forgot! And before you ask, I absolutely HATE putting ice in my diet coke because it dilutes it so much.



Anyway, when I got back and opened the freezer door, I almost fainted! It looks like the food fight scene from "Animal House" only instead of food it actually looks like they used coffee grinds! No kidding! On top of that, instead of the fight being filmed on a movie set, it looks like it happened in Luray Caverns in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley where my very own personal stalactites and stalagmites had formed!



I'm running on mega short time y'all! There's so much I need to get done from house cleaning, errands, the car's axle being replaced, grocery shopping, not to mention washing both my car AND my 135-lb. American Rottweiler, Jesse!. Needless to say there's simply no time whatsoever for me to have a nervous breakdown!



As additional information, I'm talking about the freezer being above my refrigerator not a chest freezer. Because I don't know if this is standard in refrigerator freezers, the bottom of it has a "ridged effect." Picture, if you would, a "grill" pan, the bottom of my freezer has ridges going across the length of it.



Here's my question:



What is the fastest and most efficient way to clean out the freezer and rid it of all this frozen diet coke? Also, would the same method be used to clean out the refrigerator as well?



I can't thank you enough for helping me with this. The time keeps ticking away and the list just seems to be getting longer. Hopefully your answer will eliminate a big part of my list. Again, thank you so very much for your time and expertise.How To Clean A Diet Coke Explosion In My Freezer?
First, get a warm wet rag. While still warm, wipe the inside of your freezer with it. That should melt the Coke and make the ice loose enogh to fall out onto the floor (where you can sweep or mop it away). If there are seemingly permanent stains to wipe, you should take a steel wool (Scotch Brite works) pad and scrub (not too hard) the inside of the freezer, then wipe it away with a warm wet rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment