Friday, March 9, 2012

Olympic National Park (Cape Alava)?

anyone been there ?

whats it like ?

the atmosphere ?

is it secluded ?

what is necessary to bring to camp there ?

any other info.

my boyfriend is taking me on a vacation

and were going there to camp :)Olympic National Park (Cape Alava)?
I have camped there a couple of times. Its very isolated. There are not a lot of people. You have to be careful with your food. The bears and more aggresive are the raccoons. I remember sitting at the campfire and shining the light in the wood and seeing about 30 sets of eyes from the raccoons just waiting to break into our food. I have also seen elk come into the camp site.



The beach is amazing. you have to be VERY aware of the tides. Its very easy to get trapped on a ledge.Olympic National Park (Cape Alava)?
I have never been but like most of the Olympic parks they do not have a lot of people camping there. Unless you are going during a major holiday. The weather tends to be wetter then normal for Washington. Check out Washington trails association it is a website with info on cape alva.

No comments:

Post a Comment