Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do you like this poem? Please comment!!?

Some revisions have been added... thank you!!

PS, the names in here are land marks at Luray Caverns



Caverns of Introspection and Solitude



The elusive muse, God--

intrinsic as the calcium crooks of Luray.

He slumbers beneath a quilt of millions,

and my incredulity waxes like a titian moon.



Stone, stone, is my mind--

Housed in a subterranean sepulcher,

she breeds my coma in Saracen’s tent,



and seeps seclusion, the sweetest water

that erodes my senses in tandem.

The stalactites of thought testify:

“this is the double-edged sword.”



Nestled in Pluto’s chasm, I wear the veil of Titania:

My face pure calcite, a myriad of lambrequins,

I remain:



preserved within the stalactite lockets,

though the limestone fetters encase more than they release:

thoughts remain flies in amber.



O old cave whose Dream Lake reflects its

own splendor yet serrated corrugations,



Your poisoned chalice seduces me still.Do you like this poem? Please comment!!?
Awesome! I'm going Spelunking!

No comments:

Post a Comment