Friday, March 9, 2012

Olympic National Park- best hikes? Washington?

Been looking at making a trip to Olympic National Park and wow is it a big place!! Looking for the top-rated day trip hikes. We'd probably be most interested in mountain hikes, but keep in mind neither my husband or me is very experienced and, although we're both able-bodied we're not in the best of shape, but we're game for a challenge! I'd love any recommendations, thank you! (Probably should be no more than 10 miles round trip).Olympic National Park- best hikes? Washington?
Go to the HOH Rainforest. They have short medium and long hikes through the forest. You will love it. I still plan to spend the night there before I die. It is the only rainforest on the lower 48 states. Hurricaine Ridge is nearby and worth the drive. I'm not sure if you can ride the Ridge. If you can, it would be nice. Also the area around Cresent Lake is georgeous. Of course, compared to Dallas, all of Washington looks like a rain forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment