Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do you guys like this poem?

Just heads up, this poem is about Luray Caverns so the names in here are rock formations :) I'm entering this into a contests so Tell me what you think and Thank you for reading!!



Caverns of Introspection and Solitude



The elusive muse, God--

intrinsic as the calcium ingots of Luray.

He slumbers beneath a quilt of millions,

and my incredulity waxes like a titian moon.



Stone, stone, is my mind--

Housed in a subterranean sepulcher,

she breeds my coma in Saracen’s tent,



trickling seclusion, the sweetest water

that erodes my senses in tandem.

The stalactites of thought testify:

“this is the double-edged sword.”



Nestled in Pluto’s chasm, I wear the veil of Titania:

My face pure calcite, a myriad of lambrequins,

I am what I set out to be:



safeguarded within the stalactite lockets,

though the limestone fetters encase more than they release:

thoughts remain flies in amber.



O old cave whose Dream Lake reflects its

own splendor yet serrated corrugations,



Your poisoned chalice seduces me still.Do you guys like this poem?
Sorry but I just think you are trying to impress by using words that hide your meanings instead of providing the images you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment