Saturday, March 3, 2012

Something to do for a day outing?

I live in the DC-Maryland-Virginia area, and I have pretty much done everything...but school is starting soon, and I wanna do something for a day. I know there's museums in DC, VA beach, Luray Caverns in VA, and such, but I would like to know what you all like to do if you live in this area for some ideas. I like shopping of course, so I'll be more appealed towards those answers. Thanks!Something to do for a day outing?
Of of my favorite day trips is to Saint Michaels. It is just about an hour from the Bay Bridge. The drive across the bridge is lovely, of course, and then the winding roadways through the Eastern Shore and the tiny fishing towns are delightful.



Saint Michaels and Easton have shopping galore. There are tiny little curio shops, wonderful and unique dress shops, book shops, antique shops and the list goes on. Saint Michaels also has the Chesapeake Maritime Museum and its associated gift shop. You can watch the restoration of a skipjack, or take a sail on one. Wonderful! Lunch in one of the many fabulous waterfront restaurants, take a water taxi or harbor cruise. Dine at Perry Cabin for a 5 star meal in one of the most beautiful dining rooms anywhere in the area.



This weekend is the annual boat auction on the village green. It is so much fun and the local farmers are there hawking their end of season produce, baked goods and craft items.



Just a word of caution. You might not want to come home.
If I was not a half world away, I would be taking Cheryl G's advice.

It has been a while since I have been there and done that.

She deserves a vote for best answer, but give it a couple of days to see if anyone else has other fantastic advice. Harper's Ferry comes to mind.Something to do for a day outing?
Take a camera and a picnic lunch up to Great Falls.
The Mcaurther mall in Norfolk,Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment