Friday, March 9, 2012

I want to live in the Olympic National Park for 6 months, can I legally do this?

I've been wondering on the issue with living in Washington's National Park "Olympic" and my plan was to move to Washington to pursue my creative director position and rejuvenate myself for 6 months in the Olympic National Forest before starting at the agency.



I would be building a self-sustainable small cabin and living natural for 180+ days and document the whole thing with my HDSLR camera. I'm just only worried about legal issues. I was maybe planning on at least trekking out 20+ miles out from a normal trail that others would backpack. So, I doubt I may not even be found but I can't guarantee it! Any advice?



ALSO: If this illegal and I happen to still proceed with it, by any chance any of you know what the charges may be and long of jail time? Thank you all for your time, appreciate it.I want to live in the Olympic National Park for 6 months, can I legally do this?
Since it is a protected park, putting up a shelter anywhere other than in a designated camping grounds is illegal.

Also - you would be responsible for any damage, destruction or changes to the natural growth. This would include "living off the land".

You would be charged with quite a few offenses, that would not only put you in jail for a couple of years, you would also find your future salary garnished for the fines for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment