Friday, March 9, 2012

Should I visit Mt Ranier or Olympic National Park?

I am going to Seattle in July and wanted to do a day trip to one of the parks near Seattle. Which is the better spot?

Any advice is appreciated.Should I visit Mt Ranier or Olympic National Park?
if you had more than day i would have said olympic because of its three distinct ecosystems: mountains(though not as high as rainier), rain forest, and ocean--you would have gotten more bang for your buck.. BUT this would require more than a day trip.....so for just a day i would go with ranier because thats all the time that is really required to take in its grandeur (unless you're planning a long backpacking trip along the wonderland trail which it doesnt sound like you are)..so final vote for a day trip goes to ranier although i personally prefer the olympic areaShould I visit Mt Ranier or Olympic National Park?
I live near Seattle.



I recommend Mt Rainier over Olympic National Park.



If you go to Olympic National Park and then look over and see Mt Rainier, you'll regret your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment