Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Carnival or Celebrity?

So I'm planning a cruise with my boyfriend. We're both in our twenties, we aren't power drinkers but like to drink, we like to travel around and see new things, etc. We're doing it more for the excitement of being on a cruise, go on adventures, etc.





Anyway. I'm stuck between Carnival and Celebrity. RCCL, which I've been on in the past, won't really work in terms of time, and Carnival and Celebrity are the ones in my budget.



So... in your opinion, from what I've told you, do you think Celebrity is too "posh" for people like us, and not what we're looking for? Or do you think Carnival is too cheap/children infested?



Opinions and other advice is welcome :)Carnival or Celebrity?
Well they are very different and it's odd they are both in your budget.



Carnival I have done several times. I greatly enjoyed it in my 20s. It's full of young people in your age range. It has great alcohol specials and lots of "games" like belly flop contests and crazy things like that.



Celebrity is very different. It's older, more subdued, and more elegant. It's got more high end food and more high end liquor.



Is it too posh for "people like you"? I don't really know. It's definitely higher end. When you walk into a high end hotel do you feel lap of luxury or do you feel like a kid worried about breaking something? When you buy a bottle of wine for dinner are you going to be upset that no bottles on Celebrity are less than $50? I know my husband and I love that Carnival has so many that are under $30 which is our price point.



When are you going? If you were going in the summer, I would probably be less likely to lean towards Carnival as they are children infested. You don't have to worry about it as much during the school year though.



Have you done several cruises or is this your second? If you've done several maybe you are ready to move up to a more expensive cruise line.



Read reviews on cruise critic to really get a feel for it. It's hard to say which would suit you better not knowing you but my husband and I feel Royal is more like Carnival. We would like to eventually do a Princess or Celebrity but we both feel like once you do that you won't go back to Carnival or Royal--right now we'd rather do more cheaper cruises than fewer higher end cruises.
Too bad RCCL doesn't work out because out of the 3 we've been on they have the best entertainment and over all feel. I haven't been on Celebrity but I can say that the activities for mid-20's were lacking. They didn't have much to do throughout the day if you didn't want to drink or sit by the pool. Hope this helps!Carnival or Celebrity?
carnival ihs betta cuz dey lik 2 party alot n dah pepl n workerz r fun 2 tlk to buht ihf yuh wnt mur luxry,room n privacy ii dink celebrity wud b ah beta choice
Carnival is fun and cheap. I just got off a Carnival Cruise. There will be less kids if you go when school is in session. Don't go during the summer or during holidays and you won't have to worry about the kids.

We had great fun on our excusions and the ship was clean and nice. We went on the Carnival Pride for 8 days and the price couldnt be beat!
1- Carnival for a younger, fun crowd. Lower price

2- Celebrity for an older, quiet crowd with less kids. Higher price
Carnival would be my vote. As previous posters have stated, if you're not traveling during the summer months/school holidays, there shouldn't be too many kids on the ship. On my first Carnival cruise, which was during the month of February, I saw practically no kids. It almost felt like a strictly adult cruise. However, during my summer cruise (August) it was very common to see children of various ages running around the atrium.



Celebrity is more classy and upscale. It will probably give you more of that "luxurious" feeling. But Carnival will be slightly more affordable with on-board expenses (alcohol, etc), as well as a focus on activities tailored for the younger crowd. This is important for me since one of my main objectives during a cruise is to meet other people my age who want to party. I crave a lively environment where people can socialize, make friends, and really enjoy their vacation.



The drink specials are reasonably priced, so you'll be able to do your drinking/partying and not waste too much money. This will give you more money to use at your port of call.



Both cruise lines will offer you an excellent experience. But for someone who is in their 20's, budget-minded, and wanting to party... Carnival seems to fit the bill the best.



Hope you enjoy whichever you pick!
  • permit practice test
  • pizza coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment