Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Royal Caribbean versus Carnival?

I sailed on the Grandeur of the Seas (a RCCL ship). The ship had every cabin full, andit never seemed to be crowded, and in fact, you would see people you met all the time. I am booking a cruise for February 2010, presidents week. I am thinking about the Liberty cruise which departs on Feb. 14 from Miami. I was thinking of maybe doing a southern Caribbean on the ship class right below Freedom class, but I can't get the flow-rider out of my head. The ice-skating, rock-wall climbing, and golf just seem way better than a water slidde with a 30+ minute wait. Don't say food is better, because I found the food to be amazing, and the Grandeur is a very old hip. Everyone I met was super nice, and the crew was amazing. The bartenders were the best. They remember what you order, and if they see you, they ask you if you want one. I was 11 at my last cruise, and couldn't cut the fat off my steak. My dad got up to do it, and the waiter jumped in and did it for me right there on the table. Is Carnival better? By the way, price isn't much of a problem.Royal Caribbean versus Carnival?
No Carnival is not better. I have cruised on both and found that carnival does not have nearly as many activities on their ship as rccl. Also while they do have a water slide. Royal caribbean offers a rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, in line skate track, basketball court, flow rider, golf course. I think they realize that not everyone wants to hang by the pool and ride down water slides. People want to actually do things. Carnival hasn't caught up to that yet. Also the food on royal caribbean was great. They always had a variety and whether you were in the buffet or dining room the food was hot, and flavorful. For me carnival was the opposite. The food in the buffet was so nasty, we made sure we went to the dining room for every meal. Also I found the shows and nightlife to be better. They have so many different lounges that no mater what your pleasure you're going to find something to enjoy. Also the crew are very helpful and friendly and its genuine. There have been a few times at the ports that crew members would approach us and hold a conversation. I love royal caribbean because they realize that people have different interests and they want to make sure everyone has an enjoyable time.Royal Caribbean versus Carnival?
Yes, Carnival is better. And dont worry, Im not just saying that because thats the only crusie I have been on, like other people. I have been on others, and Carnival has been the best for us. I just got back last week in fact of the Carnival Splendor out of LA for the Mexican Riviera... best cruise yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment