Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is my best bet for using Skype overseas?

Detail:



I am a US Citizen using Verizon Wireless w/ Droid X (have Skype Mobile) going on a cruise (RCCL) to Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten.



I set-up my Verizon for Global Data (meaning I can use Skype while overseas).



Can I use my Skype Mobile to call US landlines and cellphones while I am overseas? Or is it only for calling other countries? I have never used Skype ever and do not understand how this works.



What is my best bet here? If I can use it to call home what is the best package for a one week cruise or do I not need one?



ThanksWhat is my best bet for using Skype overseas?
You need to add money to your skype account not sure what the rate will be just look on skype for that.



How much will data be per MB out side the country? It might be cheaper to just call people and stay off the data.





Im guessing it should say something different overseas but one question i dont believe you can use skype over 3g unless you did the little UK hack. I cant remember wher ei read that at, i think it was over at engadget.comWhat is my best bet for using Skype overseas?
yes, but i believe that they charge like 50 cents a minute

No comments:

Post a Comment